Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Complaining about ESPN....again!

Old 2012-04-15 , 12:23
Still gets up to change channels

Default Complaining about ESPN....again!

I believe there's already a thread on the subject somewhere here, but couldn't find it (means I didn't bother to look).

Anyway, I'm a big fan of American sports, especially the NBA, NFL, and MLB. ESPN is suppose to be the channel that brings these sports to fans in Africa, but I'm so disconnected from whats happening in the NBA right now that it makes my head spin!!! ESPN probably shows one game a week, two if we're lucky.

I usually watch ESPN after midnight to catch a NBA or MLB game, but they rather show either poker or bowling??? Why??

I know the broadcasting rights in America is a bit complicated, but still, the ESPN in America shows all kinds of live baseball and basketball, why can't we view it??

Sincerely
Guy deprived of American sports
Old 2012-04-15 , 16:25
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
I believe there's already a thread on the subject somewhere here, but couldn't find it (means I didn't bother to look).

Anyway, I'm a big fan of American sports, especially the NBA, NFL, and MLB. ESPN is suppose to be the channel that brings these sports to fans in Africa, but I'm so disconnected from whats happening in the NBA right now that it makes my head spin!!! ESPN probably shows one game a week, two if we're lucky.

I usually watch ESPN after midnight to catch a NBA or MLB game, but they rather show either poker or bowling??? Why??

I know the broadcasting rights in America is a bit complicated, but still, the ESPN in America shows all kinds of live baseball and basketball, why can't we view it??

Sincerely
Guy deprived of American sports
the ESPN dstv broadcast is EPSN international not the american one ( EPSN 2,espn news ect ect) thats why there they air stuff with bowling, sailing ,fishihng ect ect.

btw wonder if the mods can answer this question , will you guys be showing the NFL draft this year? (in 2 weeks time)
Old 2012-04-15 , 17:45

Yes I know we don't get ESPN America, but I believe there are different ESPN channels for different regions of the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_International

But that still doesn't justify them playing a load cow dung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb View Post
btw wonder if the mods can answer this question
Don't hold your breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb View Post
will you guys be showing the NFL draft this year? (in 2 weeks time)
I think 'our' ESPN usually shows it
Old 2012-04-15 , 18:37

Quote:
Yes I know we don't get ESPN America, but I believe there are different ESPN channels for different regions of the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_International

But that still doesn't justify them playing a load cow dung.

Don't hold your breath

I think 'our' ESPN usually shows it
they aired it 2 years ago , but I dont think they aired last year
Old 2012-04-15 , 22:14

Oh than its probably the year before.

I see SABC showing the ESPN Mavericks/Lakers game and live nogal. I never thought I'd turn to SABC for my basketball needs
Old 2012-04-16 , 08:28
MultiChoice

Good Day Everyone,

I will be addressing all queries regarding ESPN Shortly. We are awaiting feedback from the channel.

Regards
MC Clayton
Old 2012-04-18 , 00:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Clayton View Post
Good Day Everyone,

I will be addressing all queries regarding ESPN Shortly. We are awaiting feedback from the channel.

Regards
MC Clayton
The news NFL schedule is going to be out later tonight, and this year they will be having Thurday night football every week starting week 2 , I really hope espn broadcasts these games along with the sunday night and monday night games, We need more games shown and not just the 2 games we usually get.
Old 2012-04-18 , 08:58

Quote:

I don't know why the NBA broadcasting rights in Africa are so useless, so I'll skip that.

NBA coverage on 'ESPN Pac Rim' & DSTV is so basic, its close to nothing. I don't follow any other American sports, so I rely on Sportscenter to catch up with most of my updates. However, even that show is inconsistent in the way it shows up.

Luckily, the NBA Finals & alternate conference finals by the year are the only guaranteed matches on there.
Old 2012-04-18 , 12:25
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I believe ESPN has multi-channels like SS so for us SA subscribers to get NBA and other sports now it's up to MC to acquire another ESPN channel so that subscribers can get what they wish for.
*AV MultiBox for viewing TV1 on TV2 and TV2 on TV1
*Idling: 1 x 1131 (re-packaged) waiting for XV+
Old 2013-04-24 , 01:17
Still listens to the wireless

Post ESPN american sports

I am a big fan of Rugby and Cricket, i born in Europe (Portugal), and some fotball also.
but i think not just me, but lots of MC viewers like diferent sports, like NBA, NFL or MLB
i m sure the rights for that kind of transmissions out of USA are not so expensive... but if they are why not propose a new DSTV pack
we have DSTV Indian, i m sure is not the most popular DSTV pack, but i m sure we have lots of subscribers, or DSTV Bu... i m Portuguese and i dont have this one...
Why not a DSTV Sport America?
Please MC think in the "diference", not all of us like Fotball or Rugby