Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > SE Xperia ARC and SE Xperia Play android app
Old 2012-04-12 , 22:39
Still listens to the wireless

Default SE Xperia ARC and SE Xperia Play android app

Please can someone explain why the Sony Ericcson Xperia play with same system software as Xperia ARC why the one supports drifta the other not. They both have the same gingerbread version yet the ARC is not supported what is the reason for this thanks in advance Mark
Old 2012-04-14 , 11:08

MultiChoice want you to buy a Walka why else do you think they dragging their feet and have so many unsupported devices.You waste you time asking MC the Q.See other similar posts on the forum.
Old 2012-04-14 , 11:27

Angry Funny that mc make no effort to answer question

MC clearly don't answer questions I want hear why they don't. Please I would like to know what the difference between the 2 phones is that you support the one and not the other. Please I would like to hear from the horses mouth why not or if so when is it going to happen. thank you.
Old 2012-04-14 , 11:40
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgrace View Post
MC clearly don't answer questions I want hear why they don't. Please I would like to know what the difference between the 2 phones is that you support the one and not the other. Please I would like to hear from the horses mouth why not or if so when is it going to happen. thank you.
MC have answered this question many times.

In summary when they have a phone build available they will make it available. Each Android phone has its own kernel build so a new build is needed for each model and version of Android. Due to the encryption of the transmission the phone needs to comply with agreements with content supplier.

G
Old 2012-04-14 , 11:45

You won't get any answer over the weekend.The probably watching the old soccer on SS4.I can't wait for SS1 tomorrow at 6 o'clock to see if the Blues lost a fourth time to the Sharks over one weekend.
Old 2012-04-15 , 18:22
MultiChoice | DStv Mobile

@mkgrace, We are continously trying to get our application certified on more devices, however this takes time and there are multitude of technology requirements each device that gets verified needs to comply with, not only from us but our content suppliers as well.
Old 2012-04-15 , 19:01

Default I agree to a point but what came first

To a point I agree but what came first the SE Xperia ARC has been out and available for longer than the SE Play and also I am sure more people are using the ARC and ARC S than the play and how different is the two phones on software I am using the same gingerbread version as the PLAY not sure exactly what kernel version but I am going to check how different the play actually is to the ARC. I just feel by the time you guys do anything I will have my next phone and I am sure it will be a vicious circle again waiting for that to be supported. Thanks Mark