Forum

Forum (http://forum.dstv.com/index.php)
-   PVR Decoders (http://forum.dstv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   blank screen on explora (http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=35003)

wezhira 2016-08-17 21:55

blank screen on explora

have this issue
new installation of explora three viewing environments
mornings
blank screen on explora and other two decoders waiting for heartbeat
fixed by rebooting the explora

Optimist 2016-08-18 09:26

Could possibly be related to the "insert smartcard" error bug, a fix is coming within a few weeks.
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Times New Roman][B]_____________________[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=green]Helpful links (2016):[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[URL="http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=31722"][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Technical DIY help[/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkslateblue]To send a [B]PM [/B](Private Messaging) - click on "USER CP" near top left of page[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

wezhira 2016-08-18 22:44

thanks for the update

dmostert 2016-12-02 17:17

What is happening with this problem and fix?

Dialy black screen - menus work, but nothing displays and second Explora does not get hearbeat.

Daily reboots on my Explora = SUPER Frustrating.

Thanks,
D

cdbjhb 2016-12-03 08:42

This thread is 4 months old, see this one for some new info and who to contact - [URL]http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=34853[/URL]

chrisc 2016-12-24 14:53

No "insert smart-card" for me, but blank screen every day (used to be every 2 or 3 days, now every day)
Have taken in Explora to MC twice, last time yesterday morning, they tell me no error, yet just now, only iPlate, no picture and "no information" for TV guide
You send tech round, he charges R450 to tell me nothing is wrong
So why is it doing it?

beetle bailey 2016-12-24 18:21

[QUOTE=chrisc;325290]No "insert smart-card" for me, but blank screen every day (used to be every 2 or 3 days, now every day)
Have taken in Explora to MC twice, last time yesterday morning, they tell me no error, yet just now, only iPlate, no picture and "no information" for TV guide
You send tech round, he charges R450 to tell me nothing is wrong
So why is it doing it?[/QUOTE]

Wonder how many subscribers out there who DON'T frequent these forums, Facebook, Twitter and the like are taking their Exploras in and having them swapped over for a refurbished one? All, no doubt, at a cost to do so? Yet, as far as I'm concerned based on the various reports here, it's definitely NOT the Explora nor the installation to blame. Good way of making an extra buck or two.

However, that said, I don't think that it's a deliberate ploy on the part of MC but I do wish they's stop working on new projects and rather solve the numerous issues that are now appearing across most of their decoders. Instead of the situation getting better it's getting worse. :mad:

Bundies 2016-12-31 12:41

Every day. Blank screen. Reboot. Gave my father in law brand new Explora in October. He has the same problem. He asked me if this is normal for DSTV. Unfortunately I had to answer yes. Pathetic!

MC Brenda 2017-01-03 10:59

Hi Guys, can't directly assist with this one - but can you please advise if these Explora's are all connected in XtraView?
If not, is it always tuned to the same channel (if yes, which one).
I have never had this problem on my Explora - not to say it doesn't exist, but any and all info would help the tech team track this down.
I will alert them to this thread in the meantime.

Bundies 2017-01-03 11:18

My explora is connected to extra view. My father in laws is not. Happens on different channels.

MC Mpho 2017-01-03 14:09

Hi All,

I have noted and have escalated this query.
I will feedback as soon as possible.

Regards,
MC Mpho

nemesus 2017-01-11 12:51

[QUOTE=MC Brenda;326196]Hi Guys, can't directly assist with this one - but can you please advise if these Explora's are all connected in XtraView?
If not, is it always tuned to the same channel (if yes, which one).
I have never had this problem on my Explora - not to say it doesn't exist, but any and all info would help the tech team track this down.
I will alert them to this thread in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time I have experienced the issue is when going back to "TV" after watching something in the playlist or catchup.
Just blank screen, no error message. Can however browse iplate and change channels, but still blank screen even after changing channel. Only fix is to reboot.

In my setup the Explora (v1) is the primary decoder in my Xtraview setup.

It happens while being on random channels. Most of the time I am tuned to any of the channels in the 101 --> 121 range, so I typically experience the above while tuned here.

MC Mpho 2017-01-11 16:00

Apologies All.

The blank screen issue will be fixed with the end of January software release.

Regards,
Mpho

JeanP 2017-01-14 10:52

Yay. Thanks MC Mpho. I've only this week started to have these issues. Will be looking forward to the s.u fix

jmartinnel 2017-01-14 11:58

[QUOTE=MC Mpho;327516]Apologies All.

The blank screen issue will be fixed with the end of January software release.

Regards,
Mpho[/QUOTE]

I am anxiously waiting for this fix. It start happening in November with my Explora. Have to restart it two to three times a week since it started. I even try Dstv support on Facebook. In the end the person attending to my problem, suggest that my decoder is at fault and that I have to take it in to the Multichoice shop to be tested. I am going to wait for end of January before going that way, because to go standing in a row miles long, is a nightmare.

Fact is, Multichoice does not really worry about two or three people's problems as long as they can get as much subscribers as possible. If they were really worried about this problem ( Blank Screen) and the one of "insert Card", it would be solved many months ago.

Explora Extra view couples to HD PVR2
Bloemfontein

jmartinnel 2017-01-14 16:27

This is getting ridiculous now. I am at the third restart for the day. This cannot wait another two weeks. :mad:

beetle bailey 2017-01-14 18:16

[QUOTE=jmartinnel;327750]I am anxiously waiting for this fix. It start happening in November with my Explora. Have to restart it two to three times a week since it started. I even try Dstv support on Facebook. In the end the person attending to my problem, suggest that my decoder is at fault and that I have to take it in to the Multichoice shop to be tested. I am going to wait for end of January before going that way, because to go standing in a row miles long, is a nightmare.

Fact is, Multichoice does not really worry about two or three people's problems as long as they can get as much subscribers as possible. If they were really worried about this problem ( Blank Screen) and the one of "insert Card", it would be solved many months ago.

Explora Extra view couples to HD PVR2
Bloemfontein[/QUOTE]

Wonder if it's really any use taking the Explora in to the Multichoice shop. All, I THINK, that will happen is you'll be charged for the swap item but have no guarantee that the problem won't still be there. Too many of us are having this problem. I'd rather suggest you wait and see what happens AFTER the "fix" has been downloaded.

jmartinnel 2017-01-14 20:17

Thanks beetle. I think it is the best to wait and see.

Linoman 2017-02-12 15:32

I just wanted to say that since the last software update, my Explora 1 and 2 are both behaving themselves quite nicely.

chrisc 2017-02-12 18:48

The first Explora stopped working (frozen all the time) so I bought a new one in October. This one has a peculiar abberation - when I change the volume the 3 lines showing the channel, current program and next program appears. I need to press Return to get rid of it. When I change channel, say from 401 to 402, it appears again and goes out after 19 or 20 seconds

How can I make this display time shorter? I think 3 or 4 seconds would be adequate

Geoff D 2017-02-13 08:30

There must be a general setting somewhere for how long the display is visible.

But what you need to ensure is that the decoders are set correctly regarding how it responds to remote commands. You may be getting a double respond.

Make sure the decoder is set to respond only to one mode and is not relaying commands if this is not needed.

Optimist 2017-02-13 09:36

[QUOTE=Geoff D;330492]There must be a general setting somewhere for how long the display is visible.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not, they haven't given us any of those old options on the Exploras or 4136.