Forum

Forum (http://forum.dstv.com/index.php)
-   Sport (http://forum.dstv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   SuperSport Blitz going HD (http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=37536)

Geoff D 2017-03-10 10:45

SuperSport Blitz going HD

The Blitz channel is supposed to go HD on the 29th March.

Now , this channel is available to every single package MC offers.

Does this mean it will be available in HD on all HD capable decoders old and new?

Toto 2017-03-14 23:47

[QUOTE=Geoff D;334950]The Blitz channel is supposed to go HD on the 29th March.

Now , this channel is available to every single package MC offers.

Does this mean it will be available in HD on all HD capable decoders old and new?[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear this? I missed it

MC Marietjie 2017-03-15 11:57

Yes Geoff - as with all our HD channels, if you have HD capability on your decoder and TV, you'll receive the channels on your package that are available in HD, in HD.

Toto 2017-03-15 12:27

[QUOTE=MC Marietjie;335797]Yes Geoff - as with all our HD channels, if you have HD capability on your decoder and TV, you'll receive the channels on your package that are available in HD, in HD.[/QUOTE]

When and where was this announcement made Marietjie? Is this the only channel to be upgraded to High Definition. This certainly great news! Looking forward to Sky Sports News in HD!

MC Marietjie 2017-03-15 12:35

We announced it last week to our media at the Group Media Showcase - SuperSport has not sent out an official announcement yet. Their CEO simply mentioned it to the media and it was reported on by a few of them.

Toto 2017-03-15 12:43

[QUOTE=MC Marietjie;335809]We announced it last week to our media at the Group Media Showcase - SuperSport has not sent out an official announcement yet. Their CEO simply mentioned it to the media and it was reported on by a few of them.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for the clarification

Perhaps a coincidence but it seems to me that when MNET closes a channel down, SS opens/upgrades a new one to HD? I believe something similar happened with SS12 HD. Sounds more like an internal slot swap between the two groups ( SS and MNET)...just another conspiracy theory ;)

Krugie 2017-03-15 13:36

[QUOTE=Toto;335803]When and where was this announcement made Marietjie? Is this the only channel to be upgraded to High Definition. This certainly great news! Looking forward to Sky Sports News in HD![/QUOTE]

The only other channel I'm aware of that was announced there to go HD is Channel O.

SS Sandile 2017-03-16 10:31

[url]http://www.supersport.com/press-releases/news/170316/Blitz_goes_full_HD[/url]

SuperSport Blitz, the popular sport news and highlights channel, will soon be broadcasting in full High Definition (HD).

Blitz (channel 200) will go live in HD on Wednesday, March 29.

“Offering SuperSport Blitz in high definition has been in the works for quite some time and I’m glad that the moment is now just days away,” said SuperSport’s CEO Gideon Khobane.

“We live in an age where all broadcast content is produced in HD and our long-term objective is to offer all SuperSport channels in HD.”

With SuperSport Blitz available across all DStv bouquets, subscribers on entry level packages with HD-capable decoders will now be able to experience HD broadcasts.

OrangeII 2017-03-17 14:50

Is the whole channel going HD (so the periodic Sky Sports part too) or just the Blitz portion thereof?

If the latter, who gives a damn? I certainly can't be bothered to watch that completely amateurish take on a sports highlights channel. Having Sky Sports there just shows the difference in quality even more!

Toto 2017-03-17 14:55

[QUOTE=OrangeII;336439]Is the whole channel going HD (so the periodic Sky Sports part too) or just the Blitz portion thereof?

If the latter, who gives a damn? I certainly can't be bothered to watch that completely amateurish take on a sports highlights channel. Having Sky Sports there just shows the difference in quality even more![/QUOTE]
You can't have contents-based HD nowadays. Sky Sports News is available in HD. It's a no brainer.

Toto 2017-03-28 14:07

[QUOTE=Geoff D;334950]The Blitz channel is supposed to go HD on the 29th March.
[/QUOTE]

What time is this channel activated tomorrow? I would like to set recordings of all SKY Sports News slots.

@Mc Marietjie? We now have international sports news in HD . How about Sky NEWS sometime soon???

Optimist 2017-03-28 14:28

[QUOTE=Toto;338251]What time is this channel activated tomorrow? I would like to set recordings of all SKY Sports News slots.[/QUOTE]

A change like this is usually either active when awakening or by about 11:00.

SS Sandile 2017-03-28 14:36

Blitz goes live in HD at 7am.

Biltongboer 2017-03-28 23:39

HD activated on 28 March.

Channel 200 already on HD.

It change to HD just after 23:00.

Toto 2017-03-29 08:07

Blitz in HD is fantastic! I managed to record SkySports News HQ fromantic the test channel. What an amazing treat! SD is dying slowly but surely...This was long overdue!

Krugie 2017-03-29 11:30

[QUOTE=Toto;338317]Blitz in HD is fantastic! I managed to record SkySports News HQ fromantic the test channel. What an amazing treat! SD is dying slowly but surely...This was long overdue![/QUOTE]

I have to agree - this has made a MAJOR difference! the picture quality - especially on the small text - was horrible in the past!

MC Marietjie 2017-03-29 13:18

Our customers on Select who also have access to SuperSport Blitz will notice it is in HD for them too.

Geoff D 2017-03-29 13:43

BlitzHD is now available to all packages even the EasyView package, on an appropriate HD decoder. And yes, even on an analogue TV fed with RCA, the quality improvement is noticeable. ( Not much, but enough to notice the difference).

I will check on the HD ready TV in a few moments.

Toto 2017-03-29 21:47

Been glued to the recordings on this channel. Sky Sports News HQ in High Definition feels like a whole new channel on its own. Highlights in HD are also useful. I believe the ratings on this channel will fly. Great week SuperSport with two stunning additions!

Thank you!

MC Marietjie 2017-03-30 09:21

Very pleased to hear you are enjoying it @Toto.

Toto 2017-03-30 13:51

[QUOTE=MC Marietjie;338482]Very pleased to hear you are enjoying it @Toto.[/QUOTE]

Indeed MoM! Please make all my DSTV wishes come true by December.:) This was definitely one of them...Thanks

RyanDavid 2017-04-02 12:45

Nice, thanks

Flynn 2017-06-22 18:51

I think that I cried the most for this channel to go HD and I am so pleased that the viewing looks way better

Thank you SS - this is now great viewing