Forum

Forum (http://forum.dstv.com/index.php)
-   Remotes (http://forum.dstv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   A7 Macro Programming ?? (http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=36480)

BradW 2016-12-18 11:28

A7 Macro Programming ??

Love the new A7 remote, but does it not have macro programming like the A6 ?

Can't seem to find any instructions, and the A6 way (arc and number) doesn't seem to do anything

Cheers
Brad

KennethM 2016-12-18 13:46

Brad, I've got the programming features on a word doc but for some reason it wont allow me to attach it here

cdbjhb 2016-12-19 10:11

Is it different to what is posted here Ken - [URL]http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=35454[/URL]

I will send you my email address by PM in case it is, I can then convert the file to something that can be posted.

MC Brenda 2016-12-19 10:20

Hi, the quick guide is up on the [URL="https://selfservice.dstv.com/devices/decoders/dstv-explora-2/user-manuals"]web[/URL]. Any queries let me know and I'll forward them on. Tx

KennethM 2016-12-19 11:25

[QUOTE=cdbjhb;324435]I will send you my email address by PM in case it is, I can then convert the file to something that can be posted.[/QUOTE]

Sent you both Word and PDF docs. Cheers

cdbjhb 2016-12-19 11:36

2 Attachment(s)
Sorted, thanks.

[ATTACH]7218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7221[/ATTACH]

JG 2016-12-20 09:16

Hi everyone,

I've just got my hands on a couple of A7s and struggling a bit.
Does it support standby relay with multiple commands programmed on a single button like the A6 does?
From the wording in the basic user guide booklet it would seem like it does:
"[QUOTE]Switch your DStv Explora and other audio/
visual equipment on or off in a [COLOR=DarkRed]predefined
sequence[/COLOR][/QUOTE]"

I can't find any mention of how to program this in the advanced booklet though and the A6 procedure doesn't seem to be working.
To be clear, I am trying to program the remote to switch off/on multiple devices by pressing a single button ([I]standby[/I] button on the A6). I can't seem to program the centre standby button (at all - does not seem to be programmable?) or the TV or AV button to accept multiple commands during manual programming.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
JG

cdbjhb 2016-12-20 09:33

According to the advanced options in the above manual, making such a predefined sequence or macro can be done JG, but no details about how to there.
Have you looked at all the info on dstv.com?

Optimist says he will contact someone at Beyond Platinum, but it may only reach them next year.

JG 2016-12-20 11:12

Thanks cdbjhb.
I've had a look at dstv.com, but could only find the same docs as linked to in post #4 by MC Brenda. I haven't spent much time on this though.
I'll dig a bit further later today and report back. Not priority 1A at the moment. The A6 remotes are working just fine for the time being.
Thanks.
JG

MC Brenda 2016-12-20 11:50

Hi Guys
Have asked someone from the tech team to assist a little more with this one. Not 100% sure that the answer that comes to mind is correct. Sorry :(

cdbjhb 2016-12-20 12:12

4 Attachment(s)
For general knowledge - there were some other things that are quite interesting in the other file from @KennethM;

[ATTACH]7227[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7230[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7233[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7236[/ATTACH]

BradW 2016-12-26 13:41

[QUOTE=cdbjhb;324591]According to the advanced options in the above manual, making such a predefined sequence or macro can be done JG, but no details about how to there.
Have you looked at all the info on dstv.com?

Optimist says he will contact someone at Beyond Platinum, but it may only reach them next year.[/QUOTE]

It's the macros I can't seem to program and have found nothing to help, the ones you could program for ARC-1 ARC-2 etc

The "original" A7 remote manual, like the one posted on this topic said "Set up Macros for frequent task" under Advanced Options.
BUT I see the one from the DSTV Self Service page link now doesn't say that, there are no references for version of the manual.

EDIT
Sorry I now see a reference
The one that says Macro, like the one posted on here is marked April 2016 Draft 3
The one you get now from the Self Service page, which has had the reference removed says July 2016 Ver 1.2

Does this mean that the A7 doesn't support Macro programming ?
If so it's a big pity, I love the A7 but will stick to the A6 if it doesn't support Macro programming, I use that for controlling other devices, and not necessarily Audio/Video, it's set for controlling the Fan in the bedroom :-)

Brad

Optimist 2016-12-26 16:53

I'm sure the A7 will do it as well, we'll just have to wait for the detailed feedback. Should be in the next couple of weeks.

Optimist 2016-12-27 07:54

[QUOTE=Optimist;325419]I'm sure the A7 will do it as well, we'll just have to wait for the detailed feedback. Should be in the next couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

I've just heard back from Beyond Platinum - turns out they're not doing the A7, so we'll have to wait for the Mods to find out for us when they can.

JG 2016-12-27 12:09

Thanks Optimist.

I've played around with it a bit, but had no luck programming standby relay on the standby button (doesn't seem to be programmable at all[?]) or multiple commands on the TV and/or AV buttons.
The TV and AV standby function (when programmed) works fine for switching on the TV and additional device, but unlike the standby relay on the A6, requires two buttons to be pressed instead of the one on the A6 and is limited to two devices. This is fine (but a step backwards from the A6 and A4 remotes, IMHO) in the bedrooms and lounges, but I have the A6 programmed to lower the screen, switch on the projector, switch off the passage lights and switch on the AV receiver in the home theater. Seems like this isn't possible with the A7. Ironically, that's where the back-lit keys would have been most useful.

Here's hoping that the A7 does support this after all or at least that it will be re-introduced with the A8.

Optimist 2016-12-27 13:50

I wish we could join you in experimenting JG, still waiting for my A7 to be delivered...

Bucks_Fizz 2017-02-10 15:34

Also miss my macros. I managed to at least get the volume on my Amplifier programmed so that the decoder can now used fixed audio for dolby digital output. Unfortunately i now have to dust off the amp remote to select inputs. I miss my macro programming of arc+1 switching to BD from DSTV. Any news if this will be addressed?

Optimist 2017-02-11 09:23

You must have picked up my thoughts... a few hours before your post I wrote to one of the techie Mods about this, hopefully we'll have more definitive news next week.

Optimist 2017-02-13 17:37

It looks to those investigating like the A6 is the better option when it comes to macro needs.
For those who haven't found it, here's the published on dstv.com details of the A7:
[URL]https://selfservice.dstv.com/devices/decoders/dstv-explora-2/user-manuals/dstv-remote-control-a7-advanced-options-quick-guide[/URL]
Have a look at "A7 Advanced Options Quick Guide".

If there's more to learn either I'll hear about it or it will be posted.

Bucks_Fizz 2017-02-15 09:42

Thanks for the feedback. I have reverted back to my A6 as it controls TV, Decoder & Amp. One remote instead of 3. Strange the decoder is "improved" but they take a step back with the remote. Hopefully the A7 can be "fixed" as i like the backlight and remote feedback.

Bucks_Fizz 2017-03-07 07:28

Morning, Was wondering if there was any progress on this?

eleng777 2017-03-16 07:23

Good Morning.

Can someone advise if there is a definitive answer somewhere from MC if the A7 remote is programmable with MACROS ?

Bucks_Fizz 2017-03-24 09:29

I guess not :(

Optimist 2017-03-24 09:51

[QUOTE=Bucks_Fizz;337471]I guess not :([/QUOTE]

It is still being dealt with, there's some odd delay with comms.
But personally I think best not to expect anything and rather be surprised if there is.

Bucks_Fizz 2017-08-04 12:09

Hi All - Though i would resurrect this issue to determine if any progress has been made in the past 6 months....