PDA

View Full Version : Remote Codes for HiSense TV

BradW
2010-07-28, 20:19
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the codes for a HiSense LED TV (LED55T18GP) on the A3 UEI Remote.

I've tried the 02159 in the remote manual but it doesn't work.

Cheers

Brad

: ) C4
2010-07-29, 15:58
Try the step-and set method. The Hisense we have in the office works perfectly off the setting it found on it. If you struggle I'll get it to give me the code - but it may not match your model, so rather try it yourself first.

BradW
2010-07-29, 16:12
Try the step-and set method. The Hisense we have in the office works perfectly off the setting it found on it. If you struggle I'll get it to give me the code - but it may not match your model, so rather try it yourself first.

Hi, Yep thanks, that is what I tried with the code 02159 from the manual, but it went all the way through till the red flash without turning the TV On/Off.

If you could check the number it might be worth a try, I'm struggling to find info on the T18 LED series Hisense TV's it seems they were only sold in Australia / Middle East and Africa, can't find any references in Europe or the US

Cheers

Brad

2010-07-29, 16:21
Try 00906 - that's what is working on our new 42" Hisense.

BradW
2010-07-29, 16:47
Hi,

Entered directly 00906 doesn't work the TV, and when I try and do the step search ie Pause-Green-code it flashes red after the code

One thing I've noticed whilst playing, when you do the 982 unlock, it seems to alternate between 2 green flashes or 4 green flashes, is this perhaps toggling the lock on and off ?.

BTW I've tried the 00906 on the C channel, not just a number channel.

Thanks for the suggestions

Brad

2010-07-29, 19:46
Try learning - it's easy and quick.

LeonR
2010-09-16, 16:33
Hi

Read this post out of interest - can you explain how this works ? What are you trying ti achieve?

I hae a Sinotec LCD TV, with Samsung Surround Sound Blu Ray....

gwalker
2010-09-16, 17:53
Hi

Read this post out of interest - can you explain how this works ? What are you trying ti achieve?

I hae a Sinotec LCD TV, with Samsung Surround Sound Blu Ray....
Did you read the manual under stickies on remote folder? Tells you how to do both methods.

LeonR
2010-09-17, 14:33
Thanks for the response and sorry for my stupidity but can you first tell me how this works? I dont understand what you will achieve / obtain - what is the process and what does it do?

My lack of knowledge prohibits me from firstly understanding the issue and then deciding what manual to 'decipher'! :)

Please help?

JG
2010-09-17, 15:22
In short, the HDPVR and to some extend the older SDPVR remote (it is not a learning remote and supports fewer devices than the HDPVR remote) is an universal remote, meaning that it can be programmed to control other AV equipment too.

For example you can set it up to control the TV/Hi-Fi's volume instead of the decoder's or set up a macro to switch on/off the TV and amp at the press of two buttons (shift + numeric button). This enables you to control the commonly used features of your TV/amp and save your original equipment's remotes.

LeonR
2010-09-17, 16:00
Many thanks, that makes sense!

eleng777
2010-10-27, 14:17
Hi

Alos have an Hisense (TLM3V66) I tried plugging in the code 02159 to my A3 remote (Just bought one today - at last) - and no joy

Don't know if I did something wrong, but I then tried learning the remotes. The DStv remote did not want to know the TV remote.

I then tried the code 00906 (I think that was the code that was mentioned earlier), and tried learning again. This time me two remotes got cozy and transfered data.

Unfortunately whenI use the DSTV remote now on the TV itworks OK, except the volume change is very slow, and if I press EXIT while the TV Volume bar is still showing on teh tv then it mutes the sound.

Please can you advise on the following - as I may have made a mistake while programming and need to do it again

1 - Is it possible for the new A3 remote to not recognise the code 02159, even though it is on teh encloded pamphlet ?

2 - Do you need to put a recognisable correct code into the A3 remote before you do any learning ?

3 - Why is the EXIT button on the remote causing the TV to mute

gwalker
2010-10-27, 14:52
Hi

Alos have an Hisense (TLM3V66) I tried plugging in the code 02159 to my A3 remote (Just bought one today - at last) - and no joy

Don't know if I did something wrong, but I then tried learning the remotes. The DStv remote did not want to know the TV remote.

I then tried the code 00906 (I think that was the code that was mentioned earlier), and tried learning again. This time me two remotes got cozy and transfered data.

Unfortunately whenI use the DSTV remote now on the TV itworks OK, except the volume change is very slow, and if I press EXIT while the TV Volume bar is still showing on teh tv then it mutes the sound.

Please can you advise on the following - as I may have made a mistake while programming and need to do it again

1 - Is it possible for the new A3 remote to not recognise the code 02159, even though it is on teh encloded pamphlet ?

2 - Do you need to put a recognisable correct code into the A3 remote before you do any learning ?

3 - Why is the EXIT button on the remote causing the TV to mute

You need to do a shift for 3 secs till it flashes and press Red button to reset mode before learning once you have put a code in to clear that properly.

G

eleng777
2010-10-29, 09:15
Just follow up on previous post - that unfortunately was not answered.

Please can you advise if I am doing something wrong in programming the remote. After having no success with my A3 remote, I cganged to mede to D, pressed the shift untill three flashes an dthen predded red to reset.

I then went out and then back to mode D.

Press shift untill three yellow blinks

Entered the 5 digit code supplied on the enclosed brochure for Hisense i.e. 02159

I then get three red blinks - indicating that I have entered an invalid code.

Why is this ? Surely if the code is put on the brochure it should work ?

(I did try with another code - 00906 i think it was, and that was accepted - but it wont accept the code stated in the brochure)

Sandtonman
2010-10-29, 11:00
As C4 says in post #6 above, save yourself a lot of time folks and start teaching:-

If you have the A3 remote (supplied with all new HD PVRs), the instructions to 'teach' it have worked with every device I've tried so far, with no issues & I've tried lots; no reason to think that a new model TV will be an exception......

So read this thread, it's only 2-pages.

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=5791

And teach the A3 exactly what you want it to do, rather than messing around with arb codes.

The A3 is a very, very clever little device with bags of memory.

Cheers, K.

gwalker
2010-10-29, 11:02
Just follow up on previous post - that unfortunately was not answered.

Please can you advise if I am doing something wrong in programming the remote. After having no success with my A3 remote, I cganged to mede to D, pressed the shift untill three flashes an dthen predded red to reset.

I then went out and then back to mode D.

Press shift untill three yellow blinks

Entered the 5 digit code supplied on the enclosed brochure for Hisense i.e. 02159

I then get three red blinks - indicating that I have entered an invalid code.

Why is this ? Surely if the code is put on the brochure it should work ?

(I did try with another code - 00906 i think it was, and that was accepted - but it wont accept the code stated in the brochure)

Rather learn the remote codes from the old remote than trying to find a working code. That way you can you assign keys as you would like them. Remember to reset with Shift/Red button to clear the codes you tested.

G

eleng777
2010-10-29, 11:35
I really appreciate all the advise given, and have been following this thread from the start - but I seem to be missing something - or doing something wrong.

I did try the learning without first initiallising the A3 remote, but the A3 remote did not react at all. It only reacted once I put in a code, then I could start the learning.

Maybe I did not press the correct button - or maybe I did something else wrong in the process. From what I understand from this very informative thread I should be able to learn the remote without a valid code.

>>>> Is thsi correct ?

The learn seems to be the obvious way to go, and I think I am making it too complicated for myself ! Le me try again later and see if I can find out where i went wrong

Thanks again for all the really good advise - much appreciated

Sandtonman
2010-10-29, 11:56
From what I understand from this very informative thread I should be able to learn the remote without a valid code............ Is this correct ?

Hi eleng, yes. if you teach the remote then NO device codes are necessary.

Follow the instructions in the thread to map TV1 or 2 into the A or B area of the A3 remote.

Then 'TEACH' the individual buttons on the A3 which you want to control another device (other than the PVR), the codes of that device, using its native remote.

it really is a trivial task so please don't overcomplicate it in your mind.

Rule of thumb, if the remote flashes three long red blinks then you've made a mistake or waited too long between key presses and it has timed out. Good luck.

Cheers, K.

gwalker
2010-10-29, 11:59
I really appreciate all the advise given, and have been following this thread from the start - but I seem to be missing something - or doing something wrong.

I did try the learning without first initiallising the A3 remote, but the A3 remote did not react at all. It only reacted once I put in a code, then I could start the learning.

Maybe I did not press the correct button - or maybe I did something else wrong in the process. From what I understand from this very informative thread I should be able to learn the remote without a valid code.

>>>> Is this correct ?

The learn seems to be the obvious way to go, and I think I am making it too complicated for myself ! Le me try again later and see if I can find out where i went wrong

Thanks again for all the really good advise - much appreciated

To learn, it is best practise to clear out that mode by pressing the Shift for 3 secs and Red.
Then Shift for 3 secs (till flashing) and then White to learn. Then select a key on A3 to programme (teach). Then point the TV remote towards the A3 and press its button. While waiting for the device remote you will have a quick flashing on the dial. It will then flash green a couple times if learnt successfully. When finished. Press Help to Save.

I normally programme a few keys at a time. Save test and carry on.

G

eleng777
2010-10-29, 12:19
Thanks G and K for helping with someone who obviously has big thumbs.

I must have pressed the wrong button somewhere and gone horribly wrong from there.

Your instructions and advise looks straight forward - and I must give my thanks in advance. I am sure I won't have to bother anyone again !

Thanks for the time and advice. E

Sandtonman
2010-10-29, 12:27
Thanks for the time and advice. E

You are welcome, E. And if you don't come right DO come back and ask. :)

eleng777
2010-11-03, 11:37
Hi- Back again

The A3 remote has been programmed using learning, and then I have used macros to use the items learned - Works very well. (Possibly future manuals should give teh learning as method 1 and not method 3 to indicate it is the best method to use)

Only one small problem - I may have done too much programming or macros, and have some strange things that happen occassionally. It may have happened when I did an Volume Relay (or something else) while figuring how it all worked.

Now I want to optimise the remote from scratch again, and get all the macros etc as i want them.

I know how to clear the D Mode (i.e. Shift and Red), but is there a way to clear the remote back to the factory settings ? (Could not see it in the manual)

Thanks

E

Sandtonman
2010-11-03, 12:24
Hi- Back again

I know how to clear the D Mode (i.e. Shift and Red), but is there a way to clear the remote back to the factory settings ? (Could not see it in the manual)

Thanks

E

Quote<C4 "The mode reset is the red button - if that does not work you could try 981 (all user functions), and finally 977 (Everything since the unit left the factory)."

And no, you won't find it in the manual, but it is in the forum. I Googled reset a3 remote site:forum.dstv.com to get the above answer :)

Cheers, K

eleng777
2010-11-06, 11:12
Hi again

In your reply you say "..... try 981 (all user functions), and finally 977 (Everything since the unit left the factory)."

Does "Everything since teh unit left the factory" include deleting all teh settings for Mode 1 and Mode 2 ?

i.e. will teh remote be reset to the programming it had when I bought it ?

Thanks

E

Sandtonman
2010-11-06, 12:54
Hi again

In your reply you say "..... try 981 (all user functions), and finally 977 (Everything since the unit left the factory)."

Does "Everything since teh unit left the factory" include deleting all teh settings for Mode 1 and Mode 2 ?

i.e. will teh remote be reset to the programming it had when I bought it ?

Thanks

E

Factory settings should mean just that; yes, everything, it clears all the user programable memory; as it was when you opened the packet. cheers, k

2010-11-08, 15:27
977 also clears everything that may have been loaded or upgraded since manufacturing. (So even things that aren't put in by the user is cleared.) I would use it only as a last resort.

eleng777
2010-11-08, 18:06
Thanks - though may be a bit late !

I did the 977 and things seem a lot better - don't know if there is anything missing.

The problem was that sometimes while doing a macro, the sound on teh Tv would suddenly go louder etc - even thoug it was not part of the macro just programmed.

May have been left over somehow from experimenting withteh remote earlier - so thought it would be best to clear out eerything and start again - once I had now fully understood the learning and macro features.