PDA

View Full Version : Select 2

Scrooged
2011-03-23, 11:14
Why is Mzansi Magic not available to the Select 2 package? It looks like the Select 2 package is being left behind (when new channels are added) while Select 1 gets this new channel.

MC Marietjie
2011-03-23, 12:16
Select 2 is skewed to an Afrikaans audience (MK, KykNET), whereas Select 1 is aimed at a different audience.

Matrixwins
2011-03-24, 10:26
I am a very worried DSTV Select 2 Viewer.

I am subscribed to DSTV Select 2 for the Afrikaans content - KYKNET

I am also fond of the Si-Fi Series on MNET Action. I have been following these programs for the last few years.

Now I see the news all the Si-Fi series is moving to MNET Series, which is nit included in DSTV Select 2, leaving me out in the cold?

Is DSTV planning to intergrate the DSTV Select offerings to accommodate Afrikaans speaking viewers in any way?

MC Marietjie
2011-03-24, 11:03
Unfortuntely we will not be changing the Select 2 bouquet at this time.

Matrixwins
2011-03-24, 11:31

So that is that.
I am totally blown away.
How can a service just be taken away with no alternative put in place?
How can I keep watching my favorite Si-Fi Series and still keep KYKNET with this restructure? (Premium is NOT an option)

Scrooged
2011-03-24, 11:54
1. So whould that mean that as long as you are a select 2 viewer, we will not get any new channels except if it is Afrikaans, since this package caters for Afrikaans viewers?
2. It is unfair from DSTV to increase our monthly premium and to take away all the sci-fi series without adding an option on how we can still view our favourite series

ABII
2011-03-24, 12:00
I feel for you. Not a great response either.

I think a lot of complaints will happen after 1 April from Select 2 subscribers who are in the same boat as yourself, as well as a lot of Select 1 subscribers whose favourite reality shows have been shifted off to Vuzu.
You can pay an extra R100 for Compact, but not the thing to do on principal. You took Select 2 based on you were getting X. Now you are getting X-Y, and your subscription is going up.

This, along with 16x9 shows being moved to Series before they were ready to go 16x9 make me wonder how much forethought was used by M-Net? At the very least meetings should have happened between M-Net and DStv to discuss the implications the changes had on the channels and the bouquets respectively.

Again, DStv needs more bouquet options. Why there can not be a Select Plus where you get all the Select channels for an extra R20-R30 I do not know!

gwalker
2011-03-24, 16:34
I feel for you. Not a great response either.

I think a lot of complaints will happen after 1 April from Select 2 subscribers who are in the same boat as yourself, as well as a lot of Select 1 subscribers whose favourite reality shows have been shifted off to Vuzu.
You can pay an extra R100 for Compact, but not the thing to do on principal. You took Select 2 based on you were getting X. Now you are getting X-Y, and your subscription is going up.

This, along with 16x9 shows being moved to Series before they were ready to go 16x9 make me wonder how much forethought was used by M-Net? At the very least meetings should have happened between M-Net and DStv to discuss the implications the changes had on the channels and the bouquets respectively.

Again, DStv needs more bouquet options. Why there can not be a Select Plus where you get all the Select channels for an extra R20-R30 I do not know!

And the Consumer Protection Act kicks in on 1 Apr 2011 :)
It is something I asked when all the announcement were made and never got an answer.
Fully Agree, Select 2 are getting shafted from Sci-Fi show and we are all getting shafted on the 16x9, unless it is on DOD and in HD:).

G

koocachoo
2011-03-24, 16:40

yor! sommer net so! :eek:

Brian G
2011-03-24, 16:52
Problem with the Consumer Protection Act is... this is South Africa... and even if it's efficient enough it takes years to get anything this big done legally... and it's a mere slap on the wrist as far as the big boys go.

Geoff D
2011-03-24, 17:07
Problem with the Consumer Protection Act is... this is South Africa... and even if it's efficient enough it takes years to get anything this big done legally... and it's a mere slap on the wrist as far as the big boys go.

I have had to do quite a bit of studying on the new Act

(1) The act is ONLY applicable to NEW contracts signed AFTER the 1st April 2011. So this is the first way out for the big guys --- all our contracts were signed years ago , and we keep on just paying.

(2) It is debatable whether the next time our contracts come up for renewal, that MC would need to re-enter into a new contract with all of us -- suggest you read that contract you have at the moment

(3) Whatever you decide to do, do nothing until after 1 April 2011.

Brian G
2011-03-24, 17:43
It should just be added that this doesn't mean MC won't play fair, after all it makes good business sense to listen to one's clients. We do know we ARE at least listened to, and there's been some good changes of late.

BUT the bigger picture is beyond our comprehension most of the time, and profit is the number one master.

We'll see...

Funkymunkyza
2011-03-24, 22:20
my cousin is a lawyer, said its going to be fun and games with cell contracts (amongst other things)taken after 1 April...
bout time too!

Scrooged
2011-03-28, 13:18
So the trend continues. Multichoice are just interested in getting our money without giving something in return. So the options are: 1-shutup and keep giving them your money or 2-cancel your subscription.