PDA

View Full Version : DSTV Mobile - DRIFTA

Bortner
2010-11-29, 09:26
I wasn't sure which would be the right category to post this under, perhaps we need a new one Mods?

I picked up my Drifta device and now have DSTV mobile running on my Ipad and Iphone! my initial impressions are very good!

A few suggestions:

- Please sell batteries separately. From my experience, batteries don't always last and users will need to replace these at some point. in addition, having a spar fully charged battery would help when the battery runs out right in the middle of that important event!

- Are we going to see more channels? I appreciate that there are licensing concerns but perhaps the MNet channels (Series, Action, Movie Magic) are a place to start?

- more options for kids. Nickelodeon or boomerang please.

- Get DVB-H signal on major highways as a start, this would be perfect for the annual migration down to the Natal Coast.

I hope there are more of me out there wanting to discuss this new and exciting bit of tech?

Geoff D
2010-11-29, 10:01
I wasn't sure which would be the right category to post this under, perhaps we need a new one Mods?

I picked up my Drifta device and now have DSTV mobile running on my Ipad and Iphone! my initial impressions are very good!

A few suggestions:

- Please sell batteries separately. From my experience, batteries don't always last and users will need to replace these at some point. in addition, having a spar fully charged battery would help when the battery runs out right in the middle of that important event!

- Are we going to see more channels? I appreciate that there are licensing concerns but perhaps the MNet channels (Series, Action, Movie Magic) are a place to start?

- Get DVB-H signal on major highways as a start, this would be perfect for the annual migration down to the Natal Coast.

I hope there are more of me out there wanting to discuss this new and exciting bit of tech?

I will follow the discussions, BUT until MC and its partners DO SOMETHING about the incredibly poor coverage in my area, I will not be spending any cash on this service! :mad: [PS the coverage map says i should be able to pick up the service, BUT the ONLY place in my yard where it works is in the one corner, and driving asround my area, coverage was so patchy that it makes no sense at all to go for this non-service!]

sualk
2010-11-29, 13:25
I'm still in awe about this pathetic service.

Who the hell has the time of walking around watching TV on the cellphones?

This is SA people!If you are walking around or sitting at a bus stop etc.you phone will get stolen :mad:

Very poor decision making on DSTV's side.

gwalker
2010-11-29, 13:37
I'm still in awe about this pathetic service.

Who the hell has the time of walking around watching TV on the cellphones?

This is SA people!If you are walking around or sitting at a bus stop etc.you phone will get stolen :mad:

Very poor decision making on DSTV's side.

Why is mobile TV service offering pathetic?

You can view TV while out at a friend/restaurant.
You could even view in your office at work, if you want to get the latest cricket score?
There is an offering and people will take it up. More that take up, the more the network can be built. It needs to be rolled out to all the cell phone towers and this will not happen over night. The coverage will increase in time.

MC need to look outside the box of traditional satellite broadcasting.

lyndonl
2010-11-29, 13:41
Not that I see myself using it, I think its a pretty good option, I could see people using it for long trips to keep the kids happy in the back, or while away on holiday, I can see beer camping braai and someone watching rugby, obviously once the coverage is there

StryDOG
2010-12-03, 14:26
I myself have just purchased the Drifta and took me less than 10 minutes to get setup and working on my laptop.....

I do understand that if you are not that into sports at the moment it may not be for you (if this is the case no need to slate the product) maybe they will increase the channels and it will be more for you...

For me as a sports lover --- DSTV this is a product i have been waiting for, for a long time... at the moment it is working 100% on my laptop, however cant wait for you to include Blackberries as one of the compatible devices. I also agree in the selling of seperate batteries.

The DSTV mobile site coverage map i find not to user friendly, i would like to get a detailed map on where the coverage extends to.

gwalker
2010-12-03, 14:42
Can we safely assume aspect ratio is that of broadcast. I.e SuperSport is in 4:3?

Also what is picture quality like on laptop, especially maximized?

G

StryDOG
2010-12-03, 14:57
yep aspect ratio is 4:3....

Picture quality is not bad - it is around 320 x 240 so designed for quality for smartfones so unfortunately the maximized size is about just under half of my laptop screen which is understandable as this is the content being pushed out ---- works very simply though and no more of the buffering we have all come to hate

MC Maiyo
2010-12-03, 17:38
MC Maiyo- DStv Mobile is a long term investment and it will take time to get to a point where the entire country has coverage. Part of the licence requirements was to have network available at launch in all world cup host cities and this has been acheived. However, we WILL be expanding coverage in the near future.

The channels that we have available are based on consumer research. We ran a trial for a few years before going commerical and we found that sport makes for great content when accessing TV on the go.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-03, 18:51

A few suggestions:

Thanks for the feedback. We are always glad to get feedback on how to improve our product. Our product is still in an introductory phase and we will definitely keep your suggestion on record.

More channels will be announced soon.
- Get DVB-H signal on major highways as a start, this would be perfect for the annual migration down to the Natal Coast
Initally, the DVB-H signal will only be available in major centres. We do plan on rolling out the network to other prominent areas soon.

I hope there are more of me out there wanting to discuss this new and exciting bit of tech?[/QUOTE]
Yep. Broadcast mobile TV is definitely set to change the way we interact with television.

Brian G
2010-12-03, 21:58
When it comes to smaller bouquets for using in alternate environments like the office I find that certain key, but not necessarily premium channels are always missed.
Maybe here there will be an exception; I'm initially amazed at SuperSport 1 & 2 having been included at this price.
But these suggestions are aimed at wider portable considerations as well.

My examples:
SuperSport 5 - for cricket fans wanting access to alternative matches etc.
(I put this first as if it was included I'm sold :D)
Series - keep up with what's regularly watched
E! - for when you're really bored & need to pass time (no offence intended)
Food Network - another (good) time passer
TeleTrack - speaks for itself
Ignition - certainly enough car enthuisiasts around
Bloomberg - for finance nuts on the move
News24 & Weather24

(Apologies if any of these are actually already included.)

BTW MC Maiyo, is there a way for people to get on a waiting list for the DRIFTA?

Thanks

MC Maiyo
2010-12-06, 09:09
@Gobble, we are at the introductory phase of our business and still "testing the market" in terms of what consumers want to watch on a mobile device. The channels that we have were based on consumer research done over a number of years and sport proved to make for great content whilst on the go. Thanks for your input, its always great to hear from our customers so that we can observe any trends in likes and dislikes.

Channels may change in the future and your comments will be kept on record.

Brian G
2010-12-06, 09:27
@MC Maiyo - thanks, that's the best one could hope for. :)

There's still this question at the end:

BTW MC Maiyo, is there a way for people to get on a waiting list for the DRIFTA?

MC Maiyo
2010-12-06, 09:31
My apologies for not answering. Just an oversight. Why would you want to be on a waiting list when you can go to MultiChoice and buy one? Or you can go to our website www.dstvmobile.com (http://www.dstvmobile.com) and buy through Kalahari.

Brian G
2010-12-06, 09:42
My apologies for not answering. Just an oversight. Why would you want to be on a waiting list when you can go to MultiChoice and buy one? Or you can go to our website www.dstvmobile.com (http://www.dstvmobile.com) and buy through Kalahari.

Thanks. Last I had heard you were sold out.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-06, 10:22
Misinformation. We definitely still have stock.

Dominic
2010-12-06, 15:32
I want a DRIFTA for christmas to watch DStv on my iPod Touch. Can't wait :)

Dominic
2010-12-06, 15:43
I'm glad to see on the website they say

"Initially this decoder will be compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch, PCs and laptops. Other devices such as Blackberries, Nokia and Android smartphones will follow soon."

So I can now use it on my iPod Touch and Laptop. But later I can also use it on my HTC Hero (Android Phone).

Do you need internet to use the DRIFTA on your laptop?

Brian G
2010-12-06, 17:32
Do you need internet to use the DRIFTA on your laptop?

I can't see why you would as it's a feed from the cell network, not the web and is already ready for viewing post-the-Drifta.
It will likely come with some Windows software etc. though.

But, how does it connect to ALL PCs and laptops? - standard PCs for example don't have any video input hardware. Surely you'd also need a graphics card so capable or (possibly) a TV tuner card?
Maybe it routes SVGA/PC-HDMI etc. through itself like a projector does?
I'm sure MC Maiyo or an owner will enlighten us.

Edit: That projector-loop thought can't be right - how would the video signal get back to a laptop's screen? I recon the DRIFTA must come with related graphics card minimum requirements for computer use.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-06, 17:52
The PC/laptop that is paired with the Drifta does not require internet, it only requires Wi-Fi capability. The Drifta receives the DVB-H signal converts it to Wi-Fi then relays it to the PC/laptop.

Brian G
2010-12-06, 18:06
The PC/laptop that is paired with the Drifta does not require internet, it only requires Wi-Fi capability. The Drifta receives the DVB-H signal converts it to Wi-Fi then relays it to the PC/laptop.

Interesting....... so your close-by neighbours could presumably watch with you 'legally' if they were to 'stumble across' the access info.

Edit: More likely, the DRIFTA's Wi-Fi probably limits connectivity to one connection only. I'm pretty sure that's a possible built-in configuration.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-06, 19:44
The viewing radius of the Drifta is 15m. In ther words, it can be paired with a device that is 15m (or less) away. The Drifta can be paired with up to 10 devices but only one device can be viewed at a time.

kevind
2010-12-07, 09:35
can a normal desktop pc be used to connect to the Drifta via usb, without a wi-fi connection on the pc..
meaning connect to the drifta via usb only...
interested in getting one for my home pc, but dont have wi-fi on the pc..
thanks

Brian G
2010-12-07, 09:47
can a normal desktop pc be used to connect to the Drifta via usb, without a wi-fi connection on the pc..
thanks

Welcome to the forums.

I'm guessing it can't, but MC will no doubt answer you shortly.

I just wanted to mention that it's simple to get Wi-Fi - you can easily find the inexpensive transceivers which look much like USB flash drives and also use USB to connect to your pc.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of Bluetooth. Don't actually know how Wi-Fi upgrades work.

kevind
2010-12-07, 09:50
Damn... hope it can, coz R599 is still alot to get the Drifta, and then more cash to get the wi-fi receiver....

Geoff D
2010-12-07, 09:51
thanks

The spec on the website says, Wi Fi and USB, but this thread says Wi-Fi

So which is it??

"My apologies for not answering. Just an oversight. Why would you want to be on a waiting list when you can go to MultiChoice and buy one? Or you can go to our website www.dstvmobile.com (http://www.dstvmobile.com) and buy through Kalahari."

"Features

• Broadcast Mobile TV on your iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and Windows PC,
• Connects to your device via Wi-Fi or USB
• Access the Mobile TV guide
• Small lightweight and ultra portable
• Rechargeable with up to three hours of viewing"

"The PC/laptop that is paired with the Drifta does not require internet, it only requires Wi-Fi capability. The Drifta receives the DVB-H signal converts it to Wi-Fi then relays it to the PC/laptop"

gwalker
2010-12-07, 10:01
Damn... hope it can, coz R599 is still alot to get the Drifta, and then more cash to get the wi-fi receiver....

Just also need to confirm, from what I understand is you need to have DSTV Premium subscription in place to access DSTV Mobile. ie. it is an add on to your subscription. Also from next year it will be a paid service.

G

kevind
2010-12-07, 10:08
I believe that DSTV COMPACT subscribers also get the mobile service free till April 2012, not only Premium subscribers..
Anyone else with a response to the USB connection... do i still need a wifi connection on my desktop to use the Drifta, or will the USB override that.. thanks

MC Maiyo
2010-12-07, 11:02
You can access mobile TV through Wi-Fi and the USB, so if your laptop/PC does not have Wi-Fi, it can access through USB as well

MC Maiyo
2010-12-07, 11:06
Anyone who buys a Drifta, regardless of whether they are DStv subscribers or not, can access DStv Mobile at no extra cost.

Being a Premium or Compact subscriber becomes relevant on 01 April 2011. So if you are a Premium or Compact subscriber on 01 April 2011, you will continue to access DStv Mobile at no extra cost until 01 April 2012. Everyone else (including DStv subscribers who are not on Premium or Compact) will pay R36 per month from 01 April 2011.

Brian G
2010-12-07, 11:14
Anyone who buys a Drifta, regardless of whether they are DStv subscribers or not, can access DStv Mobile at no extra cost.

Are you saying it's a free to all transmission until April 2011?!

@kevind - sorry, I should have researched first. Glad I was wrong!

kevind
2010-12-07, 11:18
Are you saying it's a free to all transmission until April 2011?!

@kevind - sorry, I should have researched first. Glad I was wrong!

its cool, at least I can connect via usb without buying a wi-fi adapter, which is about R400... hopefully get it by Xmas.... c",)

pgk123
2010-12-07, 14:47
i know you done market research regarding channels but 4 sport channels bit of a overkill dont you think no variety not even 1 movie or lifestyle, documentary channel:mad:

StryDOG
2010-12-07, 15:47
To be honest its because of the sports I got myself the Drifta. Well done DSTV

With all due respect and honesty - this is mobile tv (which means limited resolution) would it be viable watching a full feature film like this

Dominic
2010-12-07, 17:23
So if you want to watch TV on your laptop. You use the DRIFTA as modem and connect your laptop to the DRIFTA? No telkom or other wifi modem needed?

Toilet Duck
2010-12-07, 19:22
@Dominic, the DStv mobile service uses DVB-H, it doesn't use the internet in any way.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-08, 18:22
When you purchase the Drifta and a Drifta compatible device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) or you purchase a DVB-H enabled phone (ZTE F900, Nokia N96 or Nokia 5330) you do not pay subscription fee to access the DStv Mobile service. This introductory period ends on 31 March 2011.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-08, 18:41
In response to - "I know you done market research regarding channels but 4 sport channels bit of a overkill dont you think no variety not even 1 movie or lifestyle, documentary channel:mad:[/QUOTE]"

This is a start-up business and our first broadcast TV offering to the public in South Africa. We are observing take-up of the service and feedback about the channels. Thanks for your comments, we will keep them on record.

Dominic
2010-12-09, 08:44
Thanks Toilet Duck

kevind
2010-12-09, 12:50
got my Drifta yesterday, to use on my desktop pc, signal is good, brought it to work today, and it works on my pc nicely, no hassle.. tried windows magnifier, but it slows down the picture... so isnt a good idea.. was wondering if the mobile application will be made for the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music... then i can make full use of the Drifta, just got my 5800 for 6 months, so will have to stick with it till next upgrade... Please DSTV mobile, make an application for the Nokia 5800...

StryDOG
2010-12-09, 13:53
Just read an article on ITWEB where it states Mobile TV is no longer interested in DVB-H and has adopted the Korean Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (DMB) - I have already purchased the Drifta and am completely happy about the way it works.... Does this technology affect this in anyway or will it in the future - please could someone from DSTV Mobile elaborate

MC Maiyo
2010-12-09, 13:58
The next apps that we make will be likely for the Blackberry OS.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-09, 14:05
"Just read an article on ITWEB where it states Mobile TV is no longer interested in DVB-H and has adopted the Korean Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (DMB) - I have already purchased the Drifta and am completely happy about the way it works.... Does this technology affect this in anyway or will it in the future - please could someone from DSTV Mobile elaborate"
I'm not sure I understand your question, the DMB technology will have no impact on the DVB-H technology that the Drita uses.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-09, 14:13
"So if you want to watch TV on your laptop. You use the DRIFTA as modem and connect your laptop to the DRIFTA? No telkom or other wifi modem needed?"

If your laptop is not Wi-Fi enabled you can connect to the Drifta with a USB. If your laptop has Wi-Fi, you do not need to connect the Drifta with a USB. The Drifta receives the DVB-H signal and then relays to a viewing device, in this case a laptop, via USB or Wi-Fi

Merv
2010-12-09, 14:28
Maiyo, please use the Quote button. Reading your posts is confusing when you keep copying & pasting (?) the question in your reply

StryDOG
2010-12-09, 14:31
I think you have answered my question, my concern was just that if DSTV suddenly change there method of broadcasting DSTV Mobile from DVB-H to DMB, would we be left high and dry in other words having to update our existing Drifta.... See article

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39454:mobiletv-abandons-dvbh&catid=67

StryDOG
2010-12-09, 14:33
Cannot wait - along with most of my peers for the Blackberry S/W, as mentioned before i work for an integration company for Blackberries and have many many contacts who may be interested in Blackberry app for mobile tv, please don't forget me to pilot the s/w for you :)

MC Maiyo
2010-12-09, 14:59
Maiyo, please use the Quote button. Reading your posts is confusing when you keep copying & pasting (?) the question in your reply
@Coach, A thousand apologies. I am new to this forum, please bear with me. I will get it right. :-)

Brian G
2010-12-09, 18:11
@MC Maiyo - If someone has a DRIFTA subscription and they travel to Namibia, will it work there? (Also, if someone from there travels here?)

If not, maybe MC needs to consider 'roaming' for DRIFTAS. :cool:

MC Maiyo
2010-12-10, 06:19
The Drifta technology is only available in South Africa. If it is taken to Namibia it will not work. There are no Driftas available in Namibia to bring to South Africa. This makes your question about bringing Driftas to South Africa irrelevant.

KennethM
2010-12-10, 07:08
Will the Drifta work in other countries with DVB-H signals? Obviously one would need to subscribe to a local service provider, but is the Drifta only encoded for M-Net?

Geoff D
2010-12-10, 10:48
Had another guy come to me with his DRIFTA saying it does not work -- he lives 2 doors away.

So I escorted him to the corner of my garden gave hime a chair to sit on under the shrub in the corner, and he was able to prove that it does work, just not anyhwere on his entire property!

Asked him what is he going to do with it and the response is not suitable to report.

Brian G
2010-12-10, 12:53
The Drifta technology is only available in South Africa. If it is taken to Namibia it will not work. There are no Driftas available in Namibia to bring to South Africa. This makes your question about bringing Driftas to South Africa irrelevant.

From what I've read I understand that the service was recently made available in Namibia (just before ours started), as well as a few other countries too far north to be relevant to me. (Not sure if they have the actual Drifta or not.)
Or could the articles be reffering to an older technology service for those countries.
Please could you check, unless you're certain. Thanks.

Brian G
2010-12-10, 17:22
^ ^ ^
Further re above post;

Turns out DVB-H from MCA Namibia has been going for nearly 3 years already. Here's one of many articles I googled:
(www).itweb.co.za/office/mtc/PressRelease.php?StoryID=183279
(ignore brackets in red)

If they haven't yet got the Drifta I'm sure it will get there.

Theo
2010-12-11, 10:24
Had another guy come to me with his DRIFTA saying it does not work -- he lives 2 doors away.
They only have one transmitter for Pretoria at Lucasrand, near Unisa (AFAIK), so it should get better with time if they install more towers.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-13, 15:20
Will the Drifta work in other countries with DVB-H signals? Obviously one would need to subscribe to a local service provider, but is the Drifta only encoded for M-Net?
The Drifta can only be used in South Africa for now regardless of where else there is DVB-H signal.

MC Maiyo
2010-12-13, 15:32
From what I've read I understand that the service was recently made available in Namibia (just before ours started), as well as a few other countries too far north to be relevant to me. (Not sure if they have the actual Drifta or not.)
Or could the articles be reffering to an older technology service for those countries.
Please could you check, unless you're certain. Thanks.
DStv Mobile is available in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and Namibia. It launched in all mentioned countries in 2008. The Drifta technology has only launched in South Africa and we are hoping to roll it out to the other mentioned countries soon. All countries that DStv Mobile operates in utilise DVB-H technology. The only exception is South Africa which also utilised 3G technology through Vodacom's Vodafone live!

MC Maiyo
2010-12-13, 15:43
I think you have answered my question, my concern was just that if DSTV suddenly change there method of broadcasting DSTV Mobile from DVB-H to DMB, would we be left high and dry in other words having to update our existing Drifta.... See article

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39454:mobiletv-abandons-dvbh&catid=67
Extensive research was done prior to MultiChoice's decision to utlise DVB-H technology. Over the years MultiChoice has invested millions into the DStv Mobile TV project and we will definitely not be abandoning DVB-H so please put your fears aside. :-)

Trevor
2010-12-16, 17:37
@ MC Maiyo
I have tried unsuccessfully to get your website coverage map working. Maybe you can just let me know whether the signal is available in Knysna Heights or Paradise in Knysna. If not, is it available anywhere in Knysna?

LouisZA
2010-12-17, 08:26
@ MC Maiyo
I have tried unsuccessfully to get your website coverage map working. Maybe you can just let me know whether the signal is available in Knysna Heights or Paradise in Knysna. If not, is it available anywhere in Knysna?

I checked for coverage in Knysna this morning on the map. There was none.

(Going down to our guest house in Paradise end of December)

Trevor
2010-12-17, 11:10
Thanks LouisZA. I don't know why I cant access the map - I have tried it from 2 computers now without any luck. Anyway, the rain is starting to clear here at last, although we do need it!

MC Maiyo
2010-12-20, 08:59
@ MC Maiyo
The coverage indicates that there is no coverage in those areas at this stage.

Greydwarf
2010-12-22, 16:05
Bought my drifta yesterday from Makro, Wonderboom. I live in Waverley, Pretoria and reception up here, high up against the ridge, is excellent both as far as image and sound goes. I'm running it on a Compaq notebook with iBurst modem, which means I can watch DStv on the lefthand side of my notebook screen while keeping an eye on my emails on the righthand side.

I recommend DStv Mobile! Got it just in time for the fourth Ashes Test :)

DbnGuy
2010-12-29, 12:05
Does anyone know where I can get a pouch (Preferably a leather one) for my Drifta. Will be handy if I can get a pouch that has a slot for my iphone and a slot for the drifta.

Brian G
2010-12-29, 17:51
You people @MC need to make sure the correct info is reaching your colleagues.
One of our well-liked cricket commentators who was doing a plug on the Drifta earlier today adamantly informed everyone watching that they have to have a Premium subscription to use it. :eek:

DbnGuy
2010-12-30, 12:37
@ MC - Are there cases or pouches available for the Drifta?

Will there be a program made for the Drifta to work on PSP's?

Severus-Snape
2011-01-02, 07:09
DStv Mobile is available in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and Namibia. It launched in all mentioned countries in 2008. The Drifta technology has only launched in South Africa and we are hoping to roll it out to the other mentioned countries soon. All countries that DStv Mobile operates in utilise DVB-H technology. The only exception is South Africa which also utilised 3G technology through Vodacom's Vodafone live!

Are the countries such as Namibia and Kenya using DVB-H that is accessed through a USIM card? For example the Samsung P910 requires a USIM card to access DVB-H T.V

MC Maiyo
2011-01-02, 15:15
@ MC - Are there cases or pouches available for the Drifta?

Will there be a program made for the Drifta to work on PSP's?
There is no programme in development for the Drifta to work with PSP. We are not manufacturing pouches for the Drifta at this stage but please contact your service provider for possible suitable pouches.

MC Maiyo
2011-01-02, 15:44
Are the countries such as Namibia and Kenya using DVB-H that is accessed through a USIM card? For example the Samsung P910 requires a USIM card to access DVB-H T.V
The DVB-H signal in all mentioned countries does not utilise the U-SIM as that technology has been phased out. DStv Mobile can only be accessed through a DVB-H enabled phone or the Drifta.

SHARMLA
2011-01-12, 14:57
Yeah away with Licesing issues.... more Action; Comedy and another Music Channel.
There is too much same old same old and repeats on TRACE!

SHARMLA
2011-01-12, 15:00
Yeah away with Licesing issues.... more Action; Comedy and another Music Channel.

And the reception sucks in Pretoria and Kempton Park....works ok in Centurion only.
I have not been able to pick it up at all in PTA CBD today...haven't been able to see the start of the ODI....sucks man!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

SHARMLA
2011-01-12, 15:01

And the reception sucks in Pretoria and Kempton Park....works ok in Centurion only.
I have not been able to pick it up at all in PTA CBD today...haven't been able to see the start of the ODI....sucks man!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

MC Maiyo
2011-01-13, 09:16
Content remains a hotly debated topic but bear in mind that the content we show is based on research.

MC Maiyo
2011-01-13, 09:20
Please contact our customer support line on 011 289 2222 to verify if the signal strength in your particular area. Please try extending your drifta aerial if you haven't already done so as this can improve the signal strength to the Drifta.

Dominic
2011-01-13, 09:33
They have no coverage at the Margate, South Coast area. When we do, I will go buy a DRIFTA immediately

Bobw
2011-01-21, 14:11
What size is the picture on the screen??

SHARMLA
2011-01-25, 08:14
Apologies for late reply...screen is about half the size of other applications.

kevind
2011-01-25, 08:19
if you change your screen resolution to 800x600, then the picture does get bigger... im still waiting for DSTV Mobile to release the application for the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music... hope they do release the application.... other than that the Drifta is good if you can't afford the DSTV Premium bouquet... im a massive cricket fan, and the Drifta is keeping me going...

SHARMLA
2011-01-25, 08:40
Can we safely assume aspect ratio is that of broadcast. I.e SuperSport is in 4:3?

Also what is picture quality like on laptop, especially maximized?

G
For all sport crazy fans like myself - I suppose the Drifta is the next best thing since after creation of mobile devices.
Maximized picture is about 12cm. The quality is ok, except if there is something written, on the screen one needs a magnifying glass. :rolleyes: On Trace - if the artist/song is unknown - one can barely read the name/title.

SHARMLA
2011-01-25, 09:05
if you change your screen resolution to 800x600, then the picture does get bigger... im still waiting for DSTV Mobile to release the application for the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music... hope they do release the application.... other than that the Drifta is good if you can't afford the DSTV Premium bouquet... im a massive cricket fan, and the Drifta is keeping me going...

I'm in Pretoria now...and Drifta is toy toying here.
I'm also a H U G E cricket fan.
Can you imagine my frustration I could not watch the final ODI ( I was not near a TV to catch it on SABC....I guess it's a consolation we won the Series hey!

Now that we know their strengths intimately...I'm strill trying to ascertain if they have any weaknesses - perhaps we can win in the Sub Continent.
PS: I'm still reeling from losing by one run in the 4th match! I would love to strangle Parnell - who had about 30 balls to achieve the elusive one run. He can be lucky we won the Series - inspite of his impatience.

SHARMLA
2011-01-25, 09:06
What size is the picture on the screen??

About 12cm

kevind
2011-01-25, 09:11
It was the 2nd match.. Parnell is lucky he is going to the world cup, i couldnt catch the first 20 overs of the 4th match on my Drifta , as DSTV Mobile was under maintenance in Durban, but caught the rest at home... still think we need better lower order batsmen like the role Klusener used to play..

Greydwarf
2011-02-04, 06:31
This post is for attention of MC Maiyo...

On 22 Dec I reported my initial positive experience with DStv Mobile on
this blog and I watched the Ashes cricket series and the Australian Open
tennis tournament without trouble.

Things have since changed for the worse: On Monday 31 Jan, DStv Mobile stopped transmitting and a message Service is currently scrambled appeared on the screen with a little yellow warning triangle. I searched the web and found a Multichoice customer care number 012 289 2222. This is not a free number. I reported the "currently scrambled" problem, and after furnishing my ID number, the call centre person said they would reset the transmission. A few minutes later normal transmission of Supersport 2 resumed. This also happened on 1and 2 Feb. When it happened again yesterday afternoon, I just gave up and did not phone them again. I am a pensioner and can not afford to keep calling Multichoice at a cost of between R15 and R25 each time (every day) their service breaks down.:mad:

Right now (Friday morning 06.30) I have no DStv Mobile and the Service is currently scambled message is back on the screen. :confused:

MC Maiyo, can you please, urgently, speak to your technical people and try to fix your DStv Mobile transmission.

Luke7777
2011-02-04, 08:11
Also have the scrambled issue this morning (Drifta only comes out on Fridays :) ) Was promised a reset and recheck after 50min or so. Will do, but by that time the 7s are over :(

MC Maiyo
2011-02-04, 15:52
This post is for attention of MC Maiyo...

On 22 Dec I reported my initial positive experience with DStv Mobile on
this blog and I watched the Ashes cricket series and the Australian Open
tennis tournament without trouble.

Things have since changed for the worse: On Monday 31 Jan, DStv Mobile stopped transmitting and a message Service is currently scrambled appeared on the screen with a little yellow warning triangle. I searched the web and found a Multichoice customer care number 012 289 2222. This is not a free number. I reported the "currently scrambled" problem, and after furnishing my ID number, the call centre person said they would reset the transmission. A few minutes later normal transmission of Supersport 2 resumed. This also happened on 1and 2 Feb. When it happened again yesterday afternoon, I just gave up and did not phone them again. I am a pensioner and can not afford to keep calling Multichoice at a cost of between R15 and R25 each time (every day) their service breaks down.:mad:

Right now (Friday morning 06.30) I have no DStv Mobile and the Service is currently scambled message is back on the screen. :confused:

MC Maiyo, can you please, urgently, speak to your technical people and try to fix your DStv Mobile transmission.
Apologies for the experience you have had. Please can you escalate this problem to our customer care department by sending an email to care@dstvmobile.com

Greydwarf
2011-02-04, 16:35
Hi MC Maiyo.

Thank you for responding.

I emailed the customer care people this morning already with my ID number (since us DStv Mobilers don't have MC 'smart cards') but they have yet to respond.

In the meantime DStv Mobile has started broadcasting again, but the question is for how long? Will it still be working tomorrow morning 03.00 when the last Pakistan v New Zeeland ODI starts and on Sunday for the final Aus v England ODI?

sfd1971
2011-02-10, 09:03
I recently purchased a drifter with the idea of being able to watch as I travel from time to time. But to my loss I cannot watch from my drifter in PMB at work. I was told by MC in DBN that there is coverage in PMB and I don't have to worry. I called MC after holding on the phone for approx 20 minutes just to be told by the operator that there is no cover at all for PMB and that they don't know when PMB will have cover. Now I have wasted my time and money.
:mad:
my loss and MC's gain. What now?:mad:

MC Maiyo
2011-02-10, 09:32
I recently purchased a drifter with the idea of being able to watch as I travel from time to time. But to my loss I cannot watch from my drifter in PMB at work. I was told by MC in DBN that there is coverage in PMB and I don't have to worry. I called MC after holding on the phone for approx 20 minutes just to be told by the operator that there is no cover at all for PMB and that they don't know when PMB will have cover. Now I have wasted my time and money.
:mad:
my loss and MC's gain. What now?:mad:
Depending on how long ago you purchased your Drifta you can return it to the exact same shop (not another branch) you purchased it at, for a full refund. The return period will vary from shop to shop.

If you have any issues with returning it, please let me know.

sfd1971
2011-02-10, 09:59
Depending on how long ago you purchased your Drifta you can return it to the exact same shop (not another branch) you purchased it at, for a full refund. The return period will vary from shop to shop.

If you have any issues with returning it, please let me know.

Why should I return it. I firmly believe that MC will find some solution. I appreciate your answer, but I think that answer is not the right one. Be honest and tell me why don't you have faith in your own product?
I have faith that MC will find a solution and if they can make it work in Nigeria why not in South African rural places?:confused:

Theo
2011-02-10, 10:07
Why should I return it. I firmly believe that MC will find some solution. I appreciate your answer, but I think that answer is not the right one. Be honest and tell me why don't you have faith in your own product?
I have faith that MC will find a solution and if they can make it work in Nigeria why not in South African rural places?:confused:
Don't be silly, there is no coverage in PMB, full stop. The agent lied to you, but not MC Maiyo. Was there cell phone coverage from the beginning?

Greydwarf
2011-02-10, 12:07
Further to my earlier posts, I am happy to report that
DStv Mobile broadcasts since 4 February 2011 has
been fine and that no more interruptions have been
experienced.

If you have coverage in your area, the Drifta and DStv
Mobile is a winner.

MC Maiyo
2011-02-10, 13:46
DStv Mobile coverage is available in the major centres of South Africa. The network will gradually expand in the future based on the demand of the service. We are not in a position to say when the network will expand but it will not be in the near future as we are still observing uptake of the service.

Because the area you reside in doesn't have coverage , then returning the Drifta may be an option. However, if you travel to areas that do have coverage, then you will be able to use it.
We don't want you to sit with a product that you won't use, hence you have the option of returning it.

Luke7777
2011-02-11, 11:53
Also have the scrambled issue this morning (Drifta only comes out on Fridays :) ) Was promised a reset and recheck after 50min or so. Will do, but by that time the 7s are over :(Had reception until 11.45, now just "connecting.................." :mad:

Greydwarf
2011-02-13, 06:50
Since yesterday, 12 Feb, I have experienced the following: I switch on
and the Supersport 2 broadcast appears on the screen, but then an "Error"
message banner is superimposed on the image, complete with little yellow
warning triangle, saying "Weak signal. Unable to connect to channel" although
the Supersport 2 broadcast is there behind the banner, and the sound is fine.

Channel scan does not help to remove the Error message banner from the screen.

MC Maiyo
2011-02-15, 10:33
Since yesterday, 12 Feb, I have experienced the following: I switch on
and the Supersport 2 broadcast appears on the screen, but then an "Error"
message banner is superimposed on the image, complete with little yellow
warning triangle, saying "Weak signal. Unable to connect to channel" although
the Supersport 2 broadcast is there behind the banner, and the sound is fine.

Channel scan does not help to remove the Error message banner from the screen.
Please send an email to care@dstvmobile.com and they will be able to assist you further. Be sure include the area that you are in so that they can investigate further.

Greydwarf
2011-02-15, 11:39
The people at DStv Care don't care, or they don't know what they are doing. Several emails to them have not helped at all. One of them referred me to MTN and Vodacom as if I was receiving DStv Mobile via 3G!

I have reset the drifta (numerous times) by inserting a pin in the hole on the side of the decoder; I have switched everything off, even removing and replacing the drifta's battery; and I've tried the channel scan several times. Sometimes, after performing the above, the Supersport 2 broadcast comes through, only to fail again a few minutes later with the Error message "Weak signal. Unable to connect to channel". (This is what is currently on my DStv Mobile screen on my laptop.)

The drifta worked faultlessly from 22 Dec to 30 Jan, when I started having the "Service is currently scrambled" problem. For the last four days it has been "Weak signal..." What has changed? I have not moved, or changed the positioning of my laptop and the drifta. Has Multichoice changed their transmitters, or what? And will they get it right again?

I have now resigned myself to the fact that I am not going to be able to watch the cricket world cup on DStv Mobile. (It starts on 19 Feb.) In stead, I'll have to be satisfied with the bits SABC TV will show.

Geoff D
2011-02-15, 13:11
The signal IS transmitted from cellular towers = why you were referred to the operators

The coverage is settling down or the antennas have been adjusted slightly and now you are in abad coverage area as a result.

the only way to prove this is to go to another area where the coverage is good, and see if the issue is device related or coverage related.

BTw: SABC is going to have pretty good coverage of the cricket.

The people at DStv Care don't care, or they don't know what they are doing. Several emails to them have not helped at all. One of them referred me to MTN and Vodacom as if I was receiving DStv Mobile via 3G!

I have reset the drifta (numerous times) by inserting a pin in the hole on the side of the decoder; I have switched everything off, even removing and replacing the drifta's battery; and I've tried the channel scan several times. Sometimes, after performing the above, the Supersport 2 broadcast comes through, only to fail again a few minutes later with the Error message "Weak signal. Unable to connect to channel". (This is what is currently on my DStv Mobile screen on my laptop.)

The drifta worked faultlessly from 22 Dec to 30 Jan, when I started having the "Service is currently scrambled" problem. For the last four days it has been "Weak signal..." What has changed? I have not moved, or changed the positioning of my laptop and the drifta. Has Multichoice changed their transmitters, or what? And will they get it right again?

I have now resigned myself to the fact that I am not going to be able to watch the cricket world cup on DStv Mobile. (It starts on 19 Feb.) In stead, I'll have to be satisfied with the bits SABC TV will show.

Greydwarf
2011-02-15, 14:03
I hope Multichoice will adjust their antennas slightly again, back
to how it was when it was working in my area.

If they don't, I will also miss the F1 GP season, the French Open,
Wimbledon...all the stuff Supersport has slurped up over the years.

As far as I know, SABC TV will only broadcast the cricket world
cup games the Proteas are involved in, which is only part of the story.
Which is why I bought the drifta. Which is why I am so upset about
Multichoice letting me down now.

Geoff D
2011-02-15, 14:50
I would not bet on it --- the coverage is so poor in my area (not withstanding the coverage maps saying otherwise), there is only one place in our entire block where the signal is good enough -- under a tree in the bottom of my garden.

Krugie
2011-02-15, 15:10
As far as I know, SABC TV will only broadcast the cricket world cup games the Proteas are involved in, which is only part of the story. Which is why I bought the drifta. Which is why I am so upset about
Multichoice letting me down now.

The SABC will broadcast 32 out of the 49 matches live (including all the matches in which the South African team features) from 19 February to 2 April. SABC3 will show 30 matches and SABC2 two. SABC1 and SABC2 will supplement SABC3's coverage with highlights of the games shown and SABC2 will have a daily highlights package. SABC3's 3Talk with Noeleen will do cricket centered talk shows and SABC2's Morning Live breakfast show will also give coverage.

Geoff D
2011-02-15, 15:25
Certainly better than a dodgy service on a mobile unit! :)

The SABC will broadcast 32 out of the 49 matches live (including all the matches in which the South African team features) from 19 February to 2 April. SABC3 will show 30 matches and SABC2 two. SABC1 and SABC2 will supplement SABC3's coverage with highlights of the games shown and SABC2 will have a daily highlights package. SABC3's 3Talk with Noeleen will do cricket centered talk shows and SABC2's Morning Live breakfast show will also give coverage.

MC Maiyo
2011-02-15, 16:28
@Grey dwarf. DStv Mobile is accessible through DVB-H or 3G streaming. Perhaps you were erreneously referred to contact a Mobile Operator under the impression that you are utilising 3G streaming. DVB-H is independant from the mobile operators network and is available through an independant network of transmitters. 3G streaming, on the other hand utilises the mobile operators network. If you feel that your query was not dealt with satifsfactorily, please escalate it by sending an email to care@dstvmobile.com.

Greydwarf
2011-02-15, 17:05
@MC Maiyo.

I have been emailing care@dstvmobile.com but cannot get any intelligent
response out of them.

I used to phone the helpline 011 2892222 but have given up on them, too,
for the same reason, and because it costs up to R25 per call to phone them.

Multichoice/DSTV must improve their customer care service.

MC Maiyo
2011-02-16, 09:22
@MC Maiyo.

I have been emailing care@dstvmobile.com but cannot get any intelligent
response out of them.

I used to phone the helpline 011 2892222 but have given up on them, too,
for the same reason, and because it costs up to R25 per call to phone them.

Multichoice/DSTV must improve their customer care service.
Please can you send me a private message with your contact details and one of our customer support agents will be in touch with you today.

Greydwarf
2011-02-17, 10:00
Since the morning of 16 Feb, I have only needed to channel scan once.
Whatever you've done, it's working. Keep up the good work.

MC Maiyo
2011-02-18, 18:10
Since the morning of 16 Feb, I have only needed to channel scan once.
Whatever you've done, it's working. Keep up the good work.
@Greydwarf. We have been conducting maintenance at various sites. Perhaps that is the reason.

Wen3
2011-03-16, 16:29
please dstv create an app for psp,a lot of people need it,please:(,ulget more sales:(

Wen3
2011-03-16, 16:40
and please dstv make different bouqets like one dedicated for kids,the other for movies, etc each costing at most R50 including major dstv flagship channels pleasE:D

FOR PSP SUPPORT,i beg of you in behalf of the nation,kids will be happy to watch kids channels on their psps,how many kids and adults are out there with psps a millions,more sals for multichoice:o

Theo
2011-03-16, 17:35
AAand please dstv make different bouqets like one dedicated for kids,the other for movies, etc each costing at most R50 including major dstv flagship channels pleasE:D
Sigh.

...,how many kids and adults are out there with psps a millions,more sals for multichoice:o
That many? I don't think so.

MC Maiyo
2011-03-17, 10:01
Thanks for your input regarding a PSP application. I have forwarded your suggestions to our development team.

adenaan
2011-04-14, 13:13
does the drifta have a power supply? I haven't seen the unit but perhaps a power supply or socket can be made available.

during the week I live in a flat in the CBD and weekends I go back to my house in the suburbs. So I would want some access to the DSTV bouquet but not go through the nuiscance of replacing batteries every few hours but simply plug a power supply into the unit and enjoy uninterrupted viewing.

MC Maiyo
2011-04-14, 14:34
does the drifta have a power supply? I haven't seen the unit but perhaps a power supply or socket can be made available.

during the week I live in a flat in the CBD and weekends I go back to my house in the suburbs. So I would want some access to the DSTV bouquet but not go through the nuiscance of replacing batteries every few hours but simply plug a power supply into the unit and enjoy uninterrupted viewing.
The Drifta can be charged through a wall charger or a USB port. Both of these are standard accesscories that you receive when you buy the Drifta.

JG
2011-04-14, 15:03
So I would want some access to the DSTV bouquet

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious and I certainly don't mean to offend, but you do know that the entire bouquet is not available via the Drifta - only a few selected channels? Also check that you have signal coverage in the area that you are planning to use it.

Greydwarf
2011-04-15, 16:32
Hi MC Maiyo

Just thought I'd let you know that DStv Mobile has stopped broadcasting
the IPL cricket in Waverley, Pretoria. :confused: That Service is currently scrambled
message is back on the screen...

I sent an email to care@dstvmobile to report the problem and they told me to
phone the customer care number. WHY? I've already gone to the trouble of
sending them an email; can't they just shout down the passage to tell the guys
to fix it?

As I've said before, the customer care leaves much to be desired. :mad:

Greydwarf
2011-04-15, 16:52
Hi MC Maiyo

Just thought I'd let you know that DStv Mobile's Supersport 2 has
stopped broadcasting the IPL cricket in Waverley, Pretoria.:(
That Service is currently Scrambled message is back on the screen.

I've sent an email to care@dstvmobile to report the problem and
they replied that I have to phone the customer care number. WHY?
I've already sent them an email; can't they just shout down the passage
to tell the guys to fix the problem?

As I've said before, your customer care leaves much to be desired.:mad:

Dominic
2011-05-03, 19:56
I bought a Drifta today at Durban, then I called all Multichoice numbers to activate my drifta, to see if it works before I go to the South Coast. All lines was dead. Now I can still not get through, and I'm back at the South Coast :(

Will test it when I go to Durban again next month!!!!

Greydwarf
2011-05-27, 10:38
Don't hope for too much.

In the bad old days, Supersport gradually swallowed all sport, making
it inaccessible to people who only had SABC TV.

Then, six months ago, DStv gave us a few crumbs, Supersport 1, 2 and 3
and we rushed out to buy the Drifta. There were a few teething problems
but we were able to view the Ashes cricket in Aus, the Australian Open
tennis, the IPL cricket and the first few F1 GP races and the first five days
of the Fench Open tennis. But all good things come to an end and the
French open has now been moved out of reach of DStv Mobile customers
to Supersport channels not accessible to Drifta owners.

So, as I say, don't hope for too much.

Dominic
2011-05-27, 12:05
I were yesterday at Amanzimtoti, and watched TV from the Drifta. I must say it's amazing!!! Watching TV anywhere (where coverage). Can't wait for Margate to get coverage, I will then watch DStv everytime we drive.

I got coverage exactly from Umgababa driving to Durban from the South Coast.

Scottsburgh no signal.

Joza
2011-05-27, 13:17
I have a CASKA Car Multi-media and Nav System installed in my car and it has a 7" screen, can I connect DRIFTAin it and will it work? The system is running on windows.

Dominic
2011-05-27, 16:07
I think if you can install that software (the disc that comes with the drifta) on the thing and u can plug the drifta in via USB. Yes

JG
2011-05-30, 12:38
The Caska units use a version of Windows CE, AFAIK.
The normal Windows Drifta software won't work on it, just like you can't install desktop Windows 7/Vista/XP software on a Windows 7/6 phone.

Of course I can be wrong (it has happend before :p). Best to double check with MC Maiyo before buying the Drifta for this purpose.

MC Maiyo
2011-05-30, 16:53
@Joza, if your viewing device meets the minumum system requirements, then you will be able to watch DStv Mobile via the Drifa.

Minimum system requirements:
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista or 7 Processor: 32 Bit or 64 Bit Minimum Memory: 512MB Minimum Disk Space: 100 MB
USB Port

JG
2011-05-31, 09:05
@Joza

I seriously doubt if this would work.
If I understand correctly, the Drifta works in one of two ways - via Wi-Fi or directly connected to the PC's USB drive. The Caska units do not have Wi-Fi, so that leaves USB. Either way, you will need the software installed on the device to be able to use it. I have not found any record that drivers and software are available for Windows CE. It does not even work on any version of Windows Mobile (yet).

Perhaps you are better off posting this query directly on the DStv Mobile Forum (http://forum.dstvmobile.com/index.php), just to be sure.

Do the Caska units even allow you to play video while moving? None of my in-car infotainment devices allow this; it plays the audio only with a warning message on the screen that video is not allowed while in motion. There are ways around this, but watching video while driving is not the best idea. It's another thing if it is for the passengers, but how do you stop the driver from taking a peek now and then? Land Rover has a solution to this, but I'm going off topic. :o

Greydwarf
2011-06-17, 10:04
Hi guys. Since yesterday, I cannot view Supersport 2.

My setup is the Drifta decoder and wifi-enabled notebook pc. I live in
Waverley, Pretoria and have had good reception here.

There is an error message "Weak signal. Unable to connect to channel"
on the screen.

Can you fix it?

MC Maiyo
2011-06-17, 18:55
Hi guys. Since yesterday, I cannot view Supersport 2.

My setup is the Drifta decoder and wifi-enabled notebook pc. I live in
Waverley, Pretoria and have had good reception here.

There is an error message "Weak signal. Unable to connect to channel"
on the screen.

Can you fix it?
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your query has been forwarded to our technical team to investigate.

Greydwarf
2011-06-17, 20:49
During the afternoon I was able to watch the cricket in England, but tonight the "Weak signal" error is back.

gwalker
2011-06-17, 22:52
During the afternoon I was able to watch the cricket in England, but tonight the "Weak signal" error is back.
Weak signal can also be enviromental and such you would need to try adjust the antenna or position of Drifta. You could be on a boarder of a signal issue and many factors can influence signal loss.

G

Greydwarf
2011-06-18, 08:42
The abovementioned "weak signal" seems to have been solved, but this
morning an old problem has resurfaced. I cannot view the DStv Mobile
channels. There is an error message "Service is currently Scrambled" on
the screen and despite doing a channel scan, it just says "Connecting to
channel".

Do you want to try to fix it?

Greydwarf
2011-06-18, 09:06
:) Wow, that was quick!

Reception, signal strength, sound, everything fine now. Thanks!

Greydwarf
2011-06-20, 12:38
Today, a new one. First off, reception was fine and I watched the
build-up to the Wimbledon tennis which starts today. Then the "Weak
signal" error message came up and the screen went blank. I tried to do
a channel scan and this came up: No channels found.

Have your transmitters broken down in my area, Waverley Pretoria?

Can it possibly be fixed soon? I have really, really looked forward
to Wimbledon...

Greydwarf
2011-06-21, 20:18
Please inform your management that Alan from your technical division
at Midrand went out of his way on Monday, 20 June 2011, to help me
overcome my problem.

I'm actually watching Wimbledon!:)

Luke7777
2011-06-22, 08:56
Installed the new software (1.3.1) this morning.... and have no picture/sound on any channel :( Any ideas ?

Luke7777
2011-06-22, 09:32
Installed the new software (1.3.1) this morning.... and have no picture/sound on any channel :( Any ideas ?Got fixed. After a hard reset, reinstalling software, rebooting PC it asked to update the decoder software which it didn't do the first time

MC Maiyo
2011-06-24, 10:11
Glad to hear your issues have been resolved.

Dayalan Govender
2011-06-24, 10:29
Glad to hear your issues have been resolved.

would be even better when the Android and Blackberry issues are resolved !!!

Flemingway
2011-07-02, 17:13
For anyone out there running ONAVO on iPad or iPhone, it prevents the DSTV mobile app from accessing the channel list and you will not get a channel list. Please inform the phone support team to ask iPhone and iPad users if they are running ONAVO when troubleshooting DSTV mobile problems.

Flemingway
2011-07-02, 17:21
Please can we have Tour de France on the Drifta? We need all the sports channels and MNET added to the channels. Please!!

IcemanBRFC
2011-08-04, 08:59
can anybody assist me with this problem. I got no problem with the Drifta at work, 100% signal.

when i went home, the signal was green steady light. I then tried an open up the decoder, and only saw 1 bar, and then got the weak signal error message, which then made my green steady light go to Orange. I tried everything, removing the battery, resetting, but it just kept on going back to the Orange light.

I have been told on Numerous occasions, by the store i bought it, and by the Multichoice call centre that my area in Mitchells Plain is covered ie Colorado Park. How can i boost the signal, as it seems there was signal, but i somehow lost that signal.

Regards